Company History - Hulse & Co. Sheffield
In the early 1900's, Mr Arthur H. Greenwood was manager of the Sheffield Branch Office of a London based firm of Chartered Patent Agents, then known as Boult, Wade & Kilburn, and today known as Boult Wade & Tennant.
Arthur Greenwood qualified as a Chartered Patent Agent in 1901, and around this time Boults decided they wished to discontinue in Sheffield as a result of which Arthur Greenwood acquired the business. In 1945 he was joined by Leslie Hulse under the style Greenwood & Hulse. Following Arthur Greenwood's retirement in 1949, Leslie Hulse invited Wilfred Waite, a Chartered Patent Agent practicing in Gainsborough, into the Partnership, and the firm then became Hulse & Waite until Wilfred Waite's resignation in 1957, the firm then becoming Hulse & Co, the style that has been retained to the present day.
In 1953, Leslie Hulse was joined by his son, Bill Hulse, who remained with the business until his retirement in 2009, having been joined in Partnership in 1974 by Tony Long and in 1976 by David Houghton, who are qualified to practice before the European Patent Office, the European Trade Mark and Design Office, and the British Intellectual Property Office.
In February 2013, Hulse & Co merged with Franks & Co an established United Kingdom based firm of Patent and Trade Mark Attorneys. The combined firm trading as Franks & Co incorporating Hulse & Co. operates from offices on Brightside Lane, Sheffield S9 near Meadowhall. Please see our location details.